Thursday, March 29, 2012

Battlefleet Gothic: Tau Custodian

I learned to play this game a few years ago, and liked it a lot.  I had started a fleet for myself, planning to scratch build ships to add to it, etc.  The ships are also fun to paint!

I thought the game could be useful to create large scale campaigns, where you fought BFG battles in space on a strategic map, and then 40k table battles based in the results.  I still want to do that at some point.  I will be posting images of my Imperial fleet ships soon.

For now, here is a Tau vessel.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. how did you paint the nebula on the base?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used a variety of magenta and blue colors to paint the nebula. I started out by blocking in the general shapes of the clouds with blues, and then started to add some magenta shades.

      Some darker colors were used to create the dust clouds, further enhancing the shape. I added lighter colors to the blue parts of the clouds, and then painted in the brighter stars.

      The small background stars were made by spattering some bluish/white paint very gently. I hope this is useful!

      Delete
  2. Superb job! Would you mind if I use one of the pictures on my model database?
    http://miniwars.co.uk/epic/units/epic-tau-empire/custodian-class-battleship

    I would of course provide a link to your blog!

    Nick

    ReplyDelete