Thursday, April 19, 2012

Grey Knights army board for Adepticon 2012 40K tournament

Photobucket

Well, this is not exactly the Basilica that I wanted to build, but then again, I had intended to be playing Dark Eldar this year!  Not much of anything went right in the last 7 months, so I ended up with the Grey Knights as a last ditch alternative.

I will post pictures of the emergency conversions I had to do do make the army playable, but for now I will show the army board which was finished earlier today.

It's a 2 x 2 sheet of masonite, primed white and painted with regular acrylic paints.  The first set of pics shows the initial stages of laying out the lighter colors...

Photobucket

Here you can see that I have worked in some darker shades, and established the design in the center of the board.

Photobucket

At this stage, it was time to really work on the details of the design, and do the black colors in the corners.  I had intended to have the images of four characters central to the story of the army in those corners, but I don't know if I will have time to do that before tomorrow!

Photobucket

This morning, I put in the lettering (motto of the army) and did a few other bits on the marble surfaces.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! I look forward to seeing the whole army on this thing in a few hours!

    ReplyDelete