Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A reworked Imperial Guard squad : bases & backpacks

I just finished altering a squad of IG veterans, putting them on new bases and giving them some Secret Weapon produced backpacks. The bases are by DragonForge.

Here is the squad now:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here is what the squad looked like prior to the change.  You can see how different the bases are (these are ones I sculpted myself), and how the backpacks change the feel of the squad.

Photobucket

I found some WIP images of that squad as I was working on it.  Here is an early stage, not long after my 'shaded basecoat' technique. You can see that I begin with a middle tone and make colors lighter.

Photobucket

The next stage, with glazing and tinting:
Photobucket

And a closer view:
Photobucket




No comments:

Post a Comment