Sunday, April 1, 2012

World Eaters Squad (Pre Heresy colors)

This is one of several squads of Pre Heresy color scheme World Eaters.  As with the rest of the army, the idea here was to set up the possibility that they could also be used as tainted Loyalist marines.  I even created heavy bolter marines for those times :-)

I will add more images here when I can get the pictures processed...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Some group shots of the rest of the squad:
Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I love the colour scheme! The dirty white is particularly great. How do you paint that?
    Special credit for the bases too - they add a lot of character to the squad.

    I'll be looking a lot more into this Blog!

    Cheer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I started out by mixing charandon granite with dheneb stone, eventually going more and more to the stone. I then mixed in some off white to get even lighter.

    For the stains and rust, I used a watered down mix of calthan brown and granite, moving more towards the calthan. I learned that if you water down the foundation paints, they are great for staining and rust into the crevaces. It almost works like the glazes, but in reverse! I hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete