Saturday, May 5, 2012

Big batch of Eldar Dire Avengers

For as tiny and a simple as these figures appear to be, they were much more painful than I thought they were going to be!

I think the fact that they had to be attached to the bases prior to painting had a lot to do with it.  Normally I paint all of my minis while they are pinned to a dowel rod, and getting attached to the base when everything is done.  You will see what I had to do to paint that lower half of the mini in the WIP images later. :-)

Also, I had never assembled basic Eldar troops before, and I was in for a real surprise! I didn't notice at first that only certain guns go with certain torsos, and certain torsos with certain legs... and so on.  That made me have sad face.  At least that was in the back of my mind when I started assembling my Dark Eldar troops earlier last year!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

These WIP shots show you some of the madness involved in making these guys!
Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the WIP shot - nice to see what you meant when you said you paint them pinned to dowels - the image helps make it crystal clear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you shade the white on thr helmets? The grooves and rivets on the heads look so crisp? Did you wash it or was it black lined?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a combination of my shaded basecoat technique, glazing, and the use of larger brushes such as filberts...

      Delete