Friday, June 1, 2012

Yes! The Zombie Army I always wanted...

I thought this was a great concept dreamed up by one of our buyers.  I only ever did the command squad, but the idea is in my head, filed away for future use. :-)

Since I dream every day of conquering the world with a vast horde of undead minions, I look forward to taking all my undead and TK bits and mixing them with IG.  Who better to serve a withered husk in a lounge chair than millions of zombies?

I want to combine kits like the corpse cart, Mortis engine, and banshees with tanks and such to create some wild vehicles!  I think some blood knights with the correct IG bits could make some fascinating Rough Riders.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here are some shots of the entire comand squad:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This WIP gives you a glimpse of the early "shaded basecoat", where I do all the lightest colors first, and then use a series of glazes and washes in order to do all the shading and tinting.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Really interesting to see the work in progress shots. I spend a lot of time magnifying your pics and going how did he do that!

    ReplyDelete